Frequently Asked Questions

» May A Student Use The Card Off Campus For Goods And Services?
» Do I Need To Have A Bank Account?
No you do not. Your money will be loaded directly to your card.
» How Can I Receive My Paycheck Nn My New Card?
To receive payroll deposits on your new card, fill out the direct deposit authorization form included in the card package and submit it to your employer. You can download a new form by logging into your account online.
»What Is The Visa® Prepaid Reloadable College Card?
The Visa® Prepaid Reloadable College Card is a prepaid Visa® debit card that can be obtained through your school to have your Title IV funds deposited directly onto it instead of getting a paper check. You can use the card for making purchases wherever Visa® debit cards are accepted or to get cash from an ATM. You can use it to make purchases or shop online. You can also pay bills anywhere Visa® debit cards are accepted and you can access cash at ATMs or from tellers at banks that accept Visa®. You can even get cash back with purchases made at many grocery and convenience stores.
» How Can I Check My Balance?
There are several ways to check your balance.
  • Click here to download the Cliq® iPhone and Android App free to get instant balances on your smart phone.
  • You can click on the "Online Account Access" button to check balances using our online banking tool.
    • After logging in, create text or email alerts for future balances. Alerts can give you deposit information as well as transaction details and balance guides.  Standard text message charges may apply from your wireless provider, depending on your text message plan
  • Check balances at an ATM Note: see Fee Schedule and Transaction Limits for details
  • Call the automated system using the number on the back of your card.
» Where Can I Use My Card?
You can use your Visa® Prepaid Reloadable College Card online, over the phone, and at the many places that accept Visa® debit cards – including restaurants, supermarkets, pharmacies, clothing stores, drug stores, gas stations and more.
» How Do I Get Cash At An ATM?
To get cash at the ATM, insert your card into the machine and enter your PIN. (See your card provider’s information for instructions on getting a PIN.) Select “checking” to make a withdrawal and enter the amount of cash you want to withdraw. Then take your cash, card, and receipt to keep track of your balance. Click here to find the nearest in-network surcharge free ATM available.
» What Are Other Ways I Can Get Cash?
Withdraw all or any portion of your funds at any participating Visa® member bank by requesting a “Cash Advance” from your card for a specific amount directly from the teller. Or, get “Cash Back” from a PIN debit transaction at participating merchants.
» What Fees Will I Be Charged?
A full listing of usage fees can be found by clicking the “Card Fees” link above.
» Can I Change My PIN?
Yes, you can change your PIN by logging on to your account and selecting Change PIN from the menu. Forgot your PIN? Call the customer service number on the back of your card and have your PIN reset.
» What Is Visa® ReadyLink?
Visa® ReadyLink is a simple and cost-effective way to add cash to your Visa® Prepaid Reloadable College Card. Take your money to a Visa® ReadyLink location and simply load it onto your card. Find a Visa® ReadyLink location here
» Are There Other Ways To Add Funds To My Card?
Yes! In addition to your Title IV funds, you can have other government benefits, wages from a job, or other regular funds deposited directly to your card. Use the Mobile App or access your account online to retrieve your routing and account number to add additional direct deposits to your Visa® Prepaid Reloadable College Card
» What Should I Do If My Card Is Lost/Stolen?
Report lost/stolen cards immediately by calling the toll-free number listed in the card materials. A replacement card will be sent to you in seven to 10 business days. Not to worry, Your Visa® Prepaid Reloadable College Card comes with the protections of Visa® Zero Liability policy.
» What If My Card Doesn’t Have My Name Embossed On It?
These are called instant issue cards. Simply sign the back of your card. Then it can be used everywhere Visa® Debit cards are accepted.  Call the customer service number on the back if you would like to request a card with your name on it.
» What If I Want To Purchase An Item That Costs More Than The Balance On My Card?
To make a purchase greater than the balance on your Visa® Prepaid Reloadable College Card, you will need to use a second payment method – cash, check, or credit card – to cover the difference. When making your purchase, know the balance of your card before the transaction. You must tell the cashier in advance how much to deduct from your card and how much you will pay with the second payment method. However, not all merchants can handle these “split tender” transactions; and, if you try to purchase an item of greater value than your card balance, your card may be declined.
» What Should I Do If My Card Is Declined?
If a transaction is declined, the merchant will let you know. To prevent this, keep track of your balance by using the mobile app, getting account balance alerts, visiting the website or calling the phone number provided with your card.
» What If I Change My Mind And Want To Cancel A Purchase?
If the merchant cancels a transaction at your request, it may take three to seven business days for the authorization hold in the amount of the canceled purchase to be removed from your card. Contact your card provider for specific details about authorization holds.
» What If I Need To Return An Item That I Purchased With My Card?
Present your Visa® Prepaid Reloadable College Card at the time of a merchandise return. If the merchant’s return policy allows it, the merchant will credit the amount of the purchase back onto your card. Remember to save your purchase receipts in case you have merchandise returns. When returning an item purchased online, have your card number available in order to process the return. The merchandise value will be credited back to your card within three to seven business days.
» What Additional Benefits Come With The Visa® Prepaid Reloadable College Card?
The Visa® Prepaid Reloadable College Card provides you with access to special discount offers and deals at participating Visa® merchants. Check out the ever-changing selection of offers from popular brands here.
» Can I Pay Bills Online With My Card?
Yes, you can pay bills online with your Visa® Prepaid Reloadable College Card. If your payee excepts debit cards, pay bills like you would any other transaction. If not, log into your account and set up Bill Payment today. This is a great opportunity to control when and how much you pay by initiating bill payments when you are ready. It takes the hassle out of getting money orders, buying stamps, and possible processing or mail delays. You can discontinue automatic bill payment at your convenience or set up one-time payments to phone, cable, car finance, utility, insurance, security companies, gyms and more.
» What Do I Do If I Am Traveling To Another Country?
You can use your card abroad anywhere Visa® debit cards are accepted. The USA PATRIOT ACT prohibits Cliq® from allowing transactions in certain countries. For a list of countries this applies to, please call customer service on the back of your card. If you are traveling to a blocked country, you should withdraw funds prior to leaving the US.
» Where Can I Go To Get Tips For Financial Management?
There are various interactive tips, tools, and financial educational resources to further enhance financial knowledge. Visa® Practical Money Skills For Life employs interactive content to keep you engaged while you learn about financial literacy.





» How Do I Dispute Charges On My Card?
Error resolution instructions can be found in the materials that came with your card under “Error Resolution”. If you see a charge that you do not recognize, call customer service to file a dispute. Have the transaction details available when you call to complete a Dispute Form. You can fax or email the completed Dispute Form to (714) 617-7687 or

Still have questions? Call the number on the back of your card to get immediate customer support. Contact Cliq® directly by calling 866-634-3044 or emailing